When my aunt was in her late 20s people used to rudely ask her “Why aren’t you married yet?” and she’d reply “Just lucky, I guess.”
Ah, the classic sexist joke.
1. When this guy forgot about basic human biology
This guys understanding of a woman’s body is clearly lacking, as are his experiences with them apparently. Wasn’t there this thing called sex education back in high school? Body hair is of course perfectly normal and something you should never have to hide!
2. When Instagram’s censorship rules didn’t make any sense
It’s common knowledge that directly looking at a women’s nipple will turn you to stone, or was it that you spontaneously combust? I forget but men’s however are completely fine…
3. When the perfect comeback just rolls off the tongue
Is it just me or could he be spending his time and money on something more important? Like designing women’s clothes that actually have usable pockets.
4. When this women turned the oldest joke in the book on it’s head
Not a bad way to answer your critics. Talk about girl power!
5. When someone decided catcalling had to have weird consequences
Most people just carry on walking, some turn around looking unimpressed and one particular girl did this…
6. When this celebrity got her priorities spot on
Lili Reinhart – who stars in Netflix’s Riverdale as Betty – recently posted a picture of herself ready to chow down on a tasty plate of fried chicken and chips.
Of course this is absolutely ludicrous and a girl subsequently made her feelings known about it. Fortunately, Lili was on-hand to respond with just what we all needed to hear.
7. When you just have to say it how it is
Amen to that.
8. When someone tries to be clever but gets severely burned as a result
Who’d have thought you could use search engines as the basis for an argument about gender? I’m clearly not clever enough for all this.
9. When Susan Sarandon had the perfect response to a particular critic
Having been unfairly criticised by Piers Morgan time and again for wearing a cleavage-showing V-neck at the SAG awards, she produced this gem of a #TBT to perfectly encapsulate how little she and the rest of us care.
10. When this girl knew the importance of looking beyond someone’s dress sense
She’s hit the nail on the head there, besides I’d be scared to take a pair of trainers that cost that much outside anyway.
11. When this girl took matters into her own hands
How dare she not treat every mundane task like a cat-walk, who does she think she is? This must have been one slow news day.
12. And then this girl followed suit
I don’t know about you but if I see a bowl of crispy golden chips, I see very little else until i’ve demolished it.
13. …And whilst we’re covering ridiculous headlines
Abortion is a controversial topic at the best of times, so it seems only right that men are the only ones that can talk about it…
14. When one of the greatest pictures on the internet was posted
This girl leads the way when it comes to showing off body-positivity and being proud of the skin your in despite what anybody says to or about you. I think her attitude is pretty freekin’ awesome!
Plus I think i’ve found a solution to never having usable pockets for my phone.
15. When this comeback scared a man right through to his core
If only we could all be equally quick-whitted and creepy in these kind of situations.
16. When these ladies teamed up to take this guy’s confidence down a peg or two
Lesson: don’t mess with the women of the internet… you will lose. We’re crazy and we stick together.
17. When you can’t help but laugh
In amongst the vast spectrum of social media there are plenty of instances of blokes declaring that a women’s rightful place is in the kitchen, finding it hilarious doing so and thinking nothing of it. But every so often you find a hidden nugget like this and the world seems ok again.
18. When someone perfectly sums up the issue of feminism
Couldn’t have put it better myself.
19. When Anna Kendrick pointed out what’s wrong with Hollywood
Someone once said: “men age like wine, women age like milk”, well I say Angelina Jolie looks pretty darn good and Micky Rourke looks like he’s melting.
And finally.. it’s nice to know that there are plenty of men out there doing their bit to fight our cause too!
At the end of the day, these women (and man) have shown that sexism is no match for positivity and huge amounts of sarcasm!
What do you think of these? Have you ever seen any gender bias online that’s got you so infuriated you could explode? Comment and let me know… plus don’t forget to share so I can know your friends opinions too!