The loved-up couple are celebrating their big day on May 19, and they have confirmed their plans to invite a lot of lucky people to St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, to see the arrival of the bride and groom – and their guests – and watch the carriage procession leaving the castle.
It’s said that the group of 2,400 will include 1,200 members of the public from “every corner of the United Kingdom”, and they will be nominated by nine regional Lord Lieutenant offices.
A statement from Kensington Palace confirmed in a statement: “The couple has asked that the people chosen are from a broad range of backgrounds and ages, including young people who have shown strong leadership, and those who have served their communities.”
Meanwhile, a range of charities supported by Harry, 33, and former ‘Suits’ actress Meghan will be represented by a further 200 people, including those he is a patron of.
In addition to that, there will be 100 pupils from two locals schools – St. George’s School, Windsor Castle and The Royal School, Great Park, Windsor – who will get to witness the huge celebrations in May.
ROunding off the lucky 2,640 will be 610 Windsor Castle community members, and 530 members of The Royal Households and Crown Estate.
The statement from Kensington Palace read: “Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle have said they want their Wedding Day to be shaped so as to allow members of the public to feel part of the celebrations too.
“This wedding, like all weddings, will be a moment of fun and joy that will reflect the characters and values of the Bride and Groom.
“In addition to the Carriage Procession in Windsor, they have today shared some further details of how the public will be involved on May 19th.
“Prince Harry and Ms. Markle have invited 2,640 people into the grounds of Windsor Castle to watch the arrivals of the Bride and Groom, and their wedding guests, at the chapel and to watch the carriage procession as it departs from the castle. (sic)”
Also in attendance for the special day will be Queen Elizabeth and the rest of the British Royal Family, while Meghan’s parents Thomas Markle and Doria Ragland will fly over from the US to watch them get hitched.
It has previously been thought that Prince William and Duchess Catherine’s children Prince George and Princess Charlotte will walk up the aisle behind Meghan on her wedding day.
A Kensington Palace spokesman told the Sunday Times newspaper: “The wedding will be a family event. You can expect the family to be involved.”
Meanwhile, Meghan’s best friend Jessica Mulroney’s kids, seven-year-old twins Brian and John and their four-year-old sister Ivy, could also walk up the aisle behind the 36-year-old star, while Harry’s godson, Fred Pettifer – who is the son of his childhood nanny, Tiggy Legge-Bourke – could also land such a prestigious role.
Meanwhile, Harry’s exes Chelsy Davy – whom he dated for seven years – and Cressida Bonas – two years – have reportedly both been invited to the ceremony.
A source recently told the Daily Mail: “Harry has stayed good friends with Chelsy and Cressida, so they will be there. He made sure there were no hard feelings when they split up. I don’t think Meghan will mind.”
Plans are well underway for the nuptials, although Meghan has been welcomed by Harry, his brother Prince William and Duchess Catherine into the Royal Foundation – and they have confirmed they want to get as much work done as possible before their wedding.
Harry explained: “We’re pretty tied up with planning a wedding, but we want to make as much of a difference as we can.”
The prince proposed to Meghan in November – after 16 months together – and he has since revealed he felt an instant connection between them.
During a conversation with reporters at a recent photocall in the grounds of Kensington Palace in London, he was asked when he realised his bride-to-be was the one.
He replied: “From the very first time we met.”
While he added he was “thrilled” and “over the mood” with news of their engagement, Meghan flaunted her three-stone diamond ring as she held onto her mans arm and said she was “so happy”.
Their engagement was formally announced by Harry’s father, Prince Charles, who confirmed that the couple will live in Nottingham Cottage together.
An official statement read: “His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms. Meghan Markle.
“The wedding will take place in Spring 2018. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.”
“His Royal Highness and Ms. Markle became engaged in London earlier this month. Prince Harry has informed The Queen and other close members of The Royal Family. Prince Harry has also sought and received the blessing of Ms. Markle’s parents. The couple will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace.”