These incredible movie moments have been taken from a wide range of sources, from VHS tapes to Netflix films! They are the most paused movie moments EVER- and we can see why!
From an E.T cameo in a Star Wars film to a three breasted woman in the 90s classic Total Recall- these moments just seem to capture the attention of audiences everywhere…
1. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)Fast Times starred Phoebe Cates, playing Linda Barrett, and Jennifer Jason Lee, who played Stacy Hamilton. In this popular moment, the pair is going for an afternoon swim while Stacy’s older brother Brad watches. When Phoebe Cates exits the pool people pause the film to see her in her skimpy red bikini.
2. Wild Things (1998)
Take Phoebe Cates’ pool scene, turn it up to freakin’ FIFTY and add in a second woman and you have Wild Things, a movie basically plucked from a teenage boys head. The moment Neve Campbell and Denise Richards kiss is one of the only reasons this movie was successful.
3. Basic Instinct (1992)A decade later, Sharon Stone proved it wasn’t just topless scenes that got paused. When her character crosses her legs during an interrogation and revealed more than just an underwear line, the movie made history. The moral of the story you ask? Sex sells. It really is that simple, apparently…
4. Scanners (1981)David Cronenberg started off his legendary decade with this mystery horror film surrounding psychic powers. At one very infamous moment, a young Michael Ironside makes a man’s head explode with his powers. It happens so quickly and gruesomely that people had to watch it again and again. Sickos!
5. Cabin in the Woods (2012)While the scientists are betting on the outcome of the protagonists, there was a white board behind them, filled with a list of monsters and bad guys. Viewers stopped it time and again to read what other weird creatures the lab had planned. Ugh, as if this film wasn’t creepy enough already!
6. Wizard of Oz (1939)The background of one scene in the timeless classic has caused much controversy over the years. It appears as if one of the munchkins has hung himself, but the official story is that it’s just a bird. (A little morbid or just a misplaced bird?). Hmm, I guess we’ll never know…
7. Teen Wolf (1985)Somehow, a frame of a background actor with his pants pulled down made it into the family-friendly movie, right before the credits start to roll. In the scene, a group of spectators were standing up and cheering. In the background you can make out a gentleman with his zipper down.
8. The Little Mermaid (1989)
When Ariel and her Prince are finally getting married, something about the priest caused a few double-takes. Let’s just say he was pretty excited that they finally got together. Typical Disney hey? They have to take something innocent and fill it with naughty innuendos! Tut, tut…
9. Fight Club (1999)
It’s not just the spliced in pornographic material that made views stop the David Fincher film, it’s also the brief appearances of Brad Pitt in places he shouldn’t be, before we’ve even met him. Did you notice this the first time you watched Fight Club? If not- look out for him!
10. Total Recall (1990)Arnold Schwarzenegger gave us many moments of violence and destruction through the years, but it’s a glimpse at a three-breasted woman that made viewers stop in awe (and sometimes laughter). I wonder why? The director was just being greedy with this one- what’s wrong with two?!
11. Psycho (1960)In the classic horror film, Alfred Hitchcock gives us plenty of pause-able moments, but this one sticks out.
It’s when Norman Bates is eventually arrested, he looks directly into the camera and a human skull is superimposed over his face for just a brief moment. Did you spot this too?
12. Wolf of Wall Street (2013)Following in Cates’ and Stone’s footsteps, Margot Robbie had a turn as the sex icon of a generation in the Martin Scorsese film. She has a handful of heart-stopping moments, including showing off to the mansion security team. This probably has to be one of the most awkward yet sexual movie moments ever!
13. The Lion King (1994)Among a few odd frames in the Disney classic, there is one that fans will swear spells “SEX” in the dust. According to a statement, it’s actually “SFX” but we still have our doubts. There’s TOO many sexual references in Disney films for this to just be another coincidence!
14. Boogie Nights (1997)Yes, it’s a prosthetic. When Mark Wahlberg drops his drawers for the camera in the adult-film inspired Paul Thomas Anderson film, audiences gasped at the size of his equipment and quickly stopped the tape to have a look. We are all just a bunch of perverts aren’t we?!
15. Tron (1982)
A movie filled with Easter eggs for the arcade culture of the 80’s, if you pause it at a certain point you can even see Pac-Man in the computer with Jeff Bridges. (Every knows of Pac-Man, but where was Mrs. Pac-Man in that scene?). It’s one of life’s great unanswered questions…
16. Star Wars: A New HopeThe Star Wars franchise has given us a ton of pau–wait, did a stormtrooper just smash his head while coming through the door? I guess that’s why they wear helmets. And the subsequent lightheaded-ness and blurred vision must be the reason why they can never hit the Jedi’s.
17. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (1999)George Lucas decided to throw a reference to his good friend Steven Spielberg into the first of the prequels when he added E.T and his family into the Galactic Senate. Just when we thought Star Wars couldn’t get any better- E.T makes a cameo! George Lucas, take a bow.
18. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)At the very end of the film, when Rey hands Luke Skywalker his old lightsaber, there is a small stone to his right that looks like it may be a gravestone. Fans everywhere have come up with a million reasons why Luke was standing up there alone, but none of them have much evidence.
19. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988)As one of the most sexualized cartoons in history, Jessica Rabbit was thought to go commando in a certain scene. In the movie, it was during a scene where Jessica Rabbit had to perform a variety of dance moves. Remember everyone, someone drew her.
20/ Three Men and a Baby (1987)Other than the moment that Leonard Nimoy’s name comes up as the director (Spock, really?) there is a scene that had people clicking pause over and over. That’s when it looks like a boy is standing behind the characters, watching from another dimension. Turns out it’s just a cardboard cutout of Ted Danson. Bummer.
21/ Iron Man (2008)Before Marvel would fill up their movies with references to one another, they slipped in a few that went relatively unnoticed. In this scene, a prototype of Captain America’s shield sits unfinished. Chris Evans wouldn’t debut as the character for another three years.
22/ The Rescuers (1977)Disney animators slipped in something a little naughty again, when in the window of a building the characters are flying by has a couple of frames of a naked woman. They had to recall over 10,000 copies of the film once they noticed this has slipped into the movie! Awkward…
23/ Signs (2002)Your first glimpse of the aliens in M. Night Shyamalan’s sci-fi horror is as quick as it could be, and made us all rushing for the rewind button. Guess we all have an innate urge to see some foreign lifeforms. No matter how tough you think you are, there’s no denying this film is TERRIFYING!
24/ Burn After Reading (2008)The Coen Brothers aren’t one of the best at shocking us with violence because of how quickly and unexpectedly it occurs. When Brad Pitt gets shot in the closet, you may have blinked and missed the whole thing. Do you remember this iconic moment from the film?
25/ She’s The Man (2006)
When a 19-year old Amanda Bynes lifts her shirt to show the boys that she is, in fact, a girl, teenagers across the country started pressing their pause button to find out if they could see anything interesting. You can’t, by the way!