Daily Feed is the home of social first news and entertainment. From celebrity gossip to nostalgia, our unique content is guaranteed to intrigue and inform. If you enjoy the following article please share with your family and friends.
The couple will tie the knot in a lavish ceremony in May this year, and during an appearance on US talk show ‘The Real’ on Tuesday (27.02.18), 42-year-old singer Mel B appeared to confirm that she, Victoria Beckham, Mel C, Emma Bunton, and Geri Horner be providing the entertainment for the celebrations.
Mel confirmed she would attending the nuptials at St George’s Chapel inside Windsor Castle on May 19, before spilling the news of her speculated performance.
She said: “I’m going. I don’t know if I should’ve said that. Us five Spice Girls did [get an invitation]. Why am I so honest?”
The usually outspoken ‘Wannabe’ hitmaker wouldn’t go into detail about what the girls’ invitations to the big day looked like as she felt it was “too personal”.
However, the conversation quickly moved on to the question of whether or not the band would be performing at the royal reception after Prince Harry, 33, and Meghan, 36, have officially tied the knot.
When the question of whether they girls would perform at the wedding, Mel added: “I swear I’m just … I need to go, I’m going to be fired. I’m gonna be fired.”
The Spice Girls aren’t the only musical performers that are rumoured to be playing at the wedding, and it was previously speculated Ed Sheeran was also going to sing.
However, Ed quickly dismissed those rumours and pointed to the fact he’ll be on tour in Ireland when the wedding takes place.
However, the 27-year-old star – who was awarded an MBE in December for services to music and charity by Prince Charles at a service at Buckingham Palace in London – admitted he’d love the chance to perform for the pair.
When asked if he’d like to sing for the couple at Windsor Chapel, Ed had said: “Yeah, why not.”
Addressing speculation he’d already accepted a royal invitation, the ‘Perfect’ hitmaker revealed: “They said, ‘If you were asked, would you say yes?’ And I was like, ‘Of course’.”
“But journalists, like, everyone’s like, ‘oh, he’s playing it!’
“But no one’s looked at my tour dates. I’m in Ireland, I can’t do it, I haven’t been asked either.”
Guest list details for the wedding have been kept under wraps, but it was recently claimed Harry has invited his two former long-term girlfriends, Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas, to attend the ceremony after remaining good friends when the relationships ended.
Harry dated Chelsy, 32, for seven years, while his relationship with Cressida, 29, ended after two years, and he popped the question to Meghan after 16 months of dating.
A source said: “Harry has stayed good friends with Chelsy and Cressida, so they will be there. He made sure there were no hard feelings when they split up. I don’t think Meghan will mind.”
However, Meghan’s former husband, American producer Trevor Engelson, whom she married in 2011, not being invited to the ceremony.
But despite the red-haired royal’s former flames, he only has eyes for his bride-to-be and admitted he knew that Meghan was the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with from the moment they met.
Speaking at a photocall in the grounds of London’s Kensington Palace to mark their engagement, Harry was asked when he knew Meghan was the one, and said: “From the very first time we met.”
An official statement from Harry’s father, Prince Charles, announced the pair’s engagement on November 27, 2017.
It said: “His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms. Meghan Markle.
“The wedding will take place in Spring 2018. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.
“His Royal Highness and Ms. Markle became engaged in London earlier this month.
“Prince Harry has informed The Queen and other close members of The Royal Family.
“Prince Harry has also sought and received the blessing of Ms. Markle’s parents.
“The couple will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace.”
The couple posed for pictures a few hours after the announcement in the grounds of Kensington Palace, with the prince saying he was “over the moon” and Meghan admitting she was “so happy” as she showed off her engagement ring.
It is tradition for royal engagement rings to be custom-made to ensure complete uniqueness so Harry designed Meghan’s ring himself, along with court jewellers Cleave and Company. The ring is set in yellow gold and features three diamonds, two of which are taken from Harry’s late mother Princess Diana’s personal jewellery collection, adding to the sentimental value of the ring.
At the photocall, the pair talked about the ring in detail, with Harry revealing the thought that went into its design.
He said: “It’s obviously yellow gold because that’s [Meghan’s] favourite,” before adding that the diamonds either side of the centre diamond- sourced from Botswana, a country close to the prince’s heart- were “from my mother’s jewellery collection to make sure that she’s with us on this crazy journey together”.
Meghan commented that the ring was “beautiful” and spoke about what the ring meant to her.
She said: “Obviously not being able to meet his mom…it’s important to me to know that she’s a part of this with us. It’s incredibly special. And to be able to have this [ring] which links where [Harry] comes from and Botswana which is important to us – it’s perfect.”
Whilst more details about the day emerge, Prince Harry’s spokesman said the pair has plans to create a wedding that “reflect who they are as a couple”.
The public will get the chance to congratulate the royal couple after the ceremony, as the pair embark on a carriage tour around Windsor.
Kensington Palace said: “They hope this short journey will provide an opportunity for more people to come together around Windsor and to enjoy the atmosphere of this special day.”
If you like this article please feel free to share it with your family and friends and don’t forget to let us know what you think in the comments.