In a world where the only headlines seem to be those of doom and gloom, sometimes it’s nice to hear some happy news.
(Or alternatively, if you can’t find any heart warming news stories- watching a video of an old man pushing his dog on a swing is always good for the soul.)
It’s important to sit back sometimes and appreciate everything that’s good in the world. The news is saturated with horrifying stories of war, heartbreak, politics and conflict. Of course, you need to know what’s happening in current affairs, but equally- you also need pics of kittens holding paws whilst they’re napping, do you know what I’m saying?
There’s nothing worse than flicking through a newspaper and feeling utterly depressed and deflated after, which is why we’ve decided to brighten up your day with 20 wholesome pics that will (hopefully) make you smile and restore your faith in the human race.
If you’re currently due on your period and feeling slightly hormonal, we’d advise to maybe bookmark this and give it a read next week instead…
1) 16-Year-Old Jamie Harrington Saw A Man Sitting On The Edge Of A Bridge And Stopped To Ask, “Are You Ok,” That One Little Question Saved Lives. Months Later, The Man Called And Said His Wife Was Pregnant With A Baby Boy: They Named Him ‘Jamie’.
Ok, we admit- we didn’t ease you in gently. This is heart warming. With one simple and brave question, this incredible boy made a huge difference to the lives of a whole family. There needs to be more people like this in the world.
2) The look of love from this otter to his favourite rock
Proof that sometimes the smallest things in life can make us the happiest. I hope one day we look as happy and in love as this otter does with his favourite rock.
3) When no animal is left behind…
Think this is the best thing that we’ve ever laid our eyes on. ALL THE ANIMALS WERE ADOPTED! *sobs*
4) Fur-ever Friends
Kittens (especially those separated from their mum/rest of the litter) do this sometimes. Apparently if they haven’t got a sibling, you can hold their tiny paw yourself and this works just as well to get them off to sleep. Just when we thought kitten’s couldn’t get any cuter, here we are…
5) Be the person that you needed when you were younger and feeling lost
We all need someone like this when we’re young and feeling like an outcast. This is amazing. Whoever you are- you are an angel!
6) Wow, how do these plants still look so fresh?!
We LOVE this. It seems like Mom had an incredible sense of humour- this will keep the family laughing for years to come. In the face of grief and sadness, sometimes it’s important to have a good old laugh.
7) This Dad who let his legacy live on…
We can’t imagine how happy this made him when he found it. Too cute.
8) ‘100 Suits’ nonprofit gives new suits and fresh Start to men getting out of prison
Sometimes all people need is for others to have some faith in them to be better the next time around! We think this is a great idea.
9) When you’re told to pack only the necessities…
We don’t think there’s anything better than seeing a dog smile like this- it literally makes us SO HAPPY. Look at his little face- he’s like a pig in muck.
10) “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” Me:
He’s living the dream.
11) A wild young monkey is welcomed back by his family when he is released after 3 weeks of treatment for a leg injury
We will repost this until the day we die. Adorable.
12) “Smiley has never seen himself in the mirror, so I tell him how handsome he is at least 20 times a day”
And here come the tears again. We’re turning into absolute emotional wrecks writing this piece. She’s right though- what a handsome boy!
13) This kid is going places…
14) This is such a thoughtful, lovely idea…
Wow- she’ll cherish this for the rest of her life. What an incredible sentiment.
15) The sweetest gesture at the grocery store…
Every Mom will admit that going grocery shopping with a toddler isn’t the most relaxing of activities. Sometimes we all need a helping hand- this is such a sweet act of kindness!
16) We are SO happy for this amazing little girl
She kicked cancer’s ass! This little walking miracle is such an inspiration.
17) This little boy adopted the oldest dog in the shelter. Tristan was bullied at school and Shey’s owners left him behind when they moved. Now they both have a new best friend.
What a little sweetheart! His parents are raising him right!
18) A young Iranian boy is cancer-stricken, yet his teacher comes to visit him everyday in hospital to fill him in on what he has missed at school
Some people are born to teach- this man is one of them.
19) “While waiting tables tonight, a mother and daughter started crying mid-meal. I had no idea what happened until a single guy at the table next to them handed me this note with his bill.”
Ok, our faith in humanity has fully been restored.
20) This is so true. GIRL POWER
There’s nothing more empowering than women supporting women.
21) They’ve always got your back
So polite. What wonderful manners.
22) This is what real friendship is…
Everybody needs at least one friend like this in their lifetime. This is so sweet.
23) True love
Ok. This is beautiful.
24) Scientists need to clone this woman and send her to all care homes everywhere…
This gave us chills. SO sweet.
25) Never, ever underestimate the power of small good deeds. They could mean the world to someone…
A small gesture for one, a big impact for another.
26) “Saw this kind old lady passionately describing every single sculpture to her blind husband at the art museum.”
If anyone asks us what love is from now on, we’ll know just to show them this picture. Heart-warming doesn’t even begin to describe this!
27) And finally, this old man pushing his dog on a swing
There’s no back story with this one. It just makes us happy.