Texting can get pretty weird at times. With just words on a screen, irony and tone just doesn’t come across. That can definitely lead to misunderstandings.
Then again, some people are just super weird, and irony and tone doesn’t even come into it.
What the heck are you meant to say when somebody decides it’s their mission to freak you out via text message? Do you play along, or do you call them out on it straight away?
Whether they meant to be or not, these are some of the funniest text message exchanges we’re ever come across.
1. I hate to break it to this guy, but I don’t think he’s gonna make it in his chosen field
If you can’t spell what you want to be ,you can’t be that thing. Those are just the rules! I would change it if I could… oh no wait, I wouldn’t.
2. When part of you is really worried for a person’s safety
But the greater part of you just wants to make jokes.
3. Speaking of jokes…
You have to admit, it’s a good one.
4. There are questions that need answering here
Never mind the main question, I’m interested in the sub plot. Why do these people leave an hour or two between exchanging messages every time?
5. Private in-jokes can be difficult to explain… if you’re not in on them
The important kind of conversations about apple sauce, I think you’ll find!
6. I don’t know how this came up in conversation, but it did
If you’re confused, don’t worry, so am I. Also, a crucial piece of information here is that Tyson is a brand of chicken tenders. If this Tyson was actually named after that though, his family need some help.
7. Wait, what kind of conversations are THESE people having!
Well to be fair, that sure is one sexy coconut!
8. You know when you can’t think of the name of something
So your brain just tips out it’s filing system in the middle of your tongue and sees what sticks? That can be a real source of inspiration!
9. So, how many points would this be on your licence?
I think the key word here is ‘finally’. Whoever was in charge of that gold buggy should have listened to their gut instincts.
10. Sometimes the most profound thoughts come to you at 3am when you can’t sleep
Sometimes, you’re stuck with this cr*p.
11. This is some valuable life advice right there
Listen to the person in blue, they know the right and true path.
12. Does anyone else think it kinda looks like Dr. House?
You’re right, it is a wise old face… just not a dog’s face.
13. The last thing you want to do with roommates is catch them doing something embarrassing
I really don’t want to know what that person is doing to that oatmeal.
14. When somebody makes you a snowman, you had BETTER be grateful!
I don’t think that’s what Ana in Frozen had in mind when she asked “do you wanna build a snowman”?
15. Just give me a break!
You can tell that this person has had enough!
16. When something is on your mind, you can get distracted very easily
No matter what the situation is!
16. I guess that’s why they call it a SANDwich at the beach!
You’re right, I should be ashamed about that one.
17. You can never tell where the conversation is going to turn with text messages
At least everybody seemed pretty impressed with this person’s party trick! Bring them somebody to absorb, quickly!
18. That’s the look of love right there
I just want somebody to look at me the same way this bog looks at its owner.
19. But nobody wants to look like this dog
She is VERY unsure about that whole banana situation!
20. You got exactly what you wanted!
I wish people would just quit horseing around. This is a total night-MARE!
21. Well somebody is committed to their favorite shows!
I wish I was doing that too! I’m jealous of this person’s life goals.
22. Texting can really reveal somebody’s true character
It just so happens that this person’s true character is a creepy weird angry Yoda picture, that’s all!
23. So I’m gonna take that as a no…
That does look like a pretty good night in. Don’t pretend you’re not about to search YouTube for it right this minute.
24. You thought the guy holding hands with his dog was goals af!
How about this person’s neck massaging relationship with whoever they REALLY meant to text?
25. If you ever meet anyone that you can’t be the REAL you around, you don’t need them in your life!
Also… an excellent point. Let’s be friends.