It’s been five years since the Jersey Shore beach house closed it’s doors forever and Snooki, Mike and the gang went on with their lives. But we’ve still got so many questions about how things went down on the Jersey Shore and today we’re going to answer 24 of those questions for good!
1. The cast weren’t allowed to leave the house without giving an hours notice.
This was so the camera crew had time to leave the house with them, they weren’t allowed to go anywhere without the cameras watching their every move.
2. The cast made a fortune in later seasons.
In the first season of the show, the cast made mere hundreds of dollars per episode. However, they renegotiated for the second season and each cast member made $10,000 per episode.
3. The jacuzzi on the rooftop wasn’t actually on the rooftop
Well, it was on a rooftop, just not the Jersey Shore house rooftop. Clever editing made it look like the gang had a jacuzzi on the roof of the house, but it was really on the roof of their t-shirt shop.
4. So what WAS on the top floor of the house?
Producer SallyAnn Salsano lived in an apartment on the top floor of the house. She had a 14 camera feed in her living room and more monitors in her bedroom so she always knew what the cast were up to.
5. The cast found out they were going to be on the show the day before filming began.
The final cast was chosen from a pool of 12 people who were told they were going into the house just one day before filming.
6. SallyAnn Salsano was really close to the families of cast members.
SallyAnn liked to maintain good relationships with the cast and their family members. She even revealed that Snooki’s dad would often call her to check in on his daughter during filming.
7. Snooki told V Magazine that filming the show was like ‘being in jail.‘
The cast weren’t allowed to read, listen to music or watch TV because the producers wanted them to spend their time interacting with each other. This is supposedly why most of the cast turned to drink. Snooki commented, “It’s because there’s nothing else to do! It passes the time and makes it fun. If you’re sober the whole time, you will go insane and kill yourself.” Sounds like fun… not.
8. The cast weren’t allowed to have cell phones
This is why they always made their calls on the infamous Duck Phone. They were only allowed to make one private phone call per week, that’s gotta make you feel isolated!
9. You had to sign a release form before you could enter the Jersey Shore t-shirt store
If you wanted to get into the Shore store you had to wait in line all day while producers taught you how to act and then had to show I.D. and sign a form. You weren’t allowed into the store unless you were over 18.
10. The cast’s pay packet soared during the final seasons.
After that $10,000 pay rise for season two, the cast got a further pay rise as the show went on. It was rumoured that Snooki, Mike and Pauly were making $150,000 per episode during the final season.
11. The show became much more difficult to film as it’s popularity grew.
The producers had to build a wall around the house to keep paparazzi out and to stop leaks.
12. While the cast were filming in Italy, the producers negotiated another season with their agents and lawyers.
The cast had no idea this was happening and came back from Italy to a huge surprised. They were told about the deal just moments before MTV told the public.